Bertola Pedro Ximenez
Dark mahogany in colour with sun dried fruit and raisons in the mouth and a very sweet and soft finish.
This wine has its origins in the old Bodegas Bertola, established in 1919.
Grapes from the Pedro Ximenez variety are sun dried in a process called ‘pasificación’ (raisining).
After more than 12 years of aging in ‘Soleras y Criaderas’ system, the original density and color is increased, resulting in a dark profound mahogany.
The aroma is profound raisin and the taste is sweet, vigorous and well balanced.
- Wine class: Natural sweet wine
- Wine type: Jerez Pedro Ximenez
- Grape: Pedro Ximenez
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Oxidative.
- Age: More than 12 years, under the ‘Soleras y criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 15%.
- Color: Dark Mahogany.
- Nose: Raisins
- Taste: Very sweet and smooth.
- Temperature: Serve at 17º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Blue cheese, dark cocoa, medium sweet desserts and ice cream.